Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Fever

On the calendar it's technically still winter. My mind isn't believing it.

I remember nice spring days like this in college. It would suddenly shoot up to 80 degrees and it was extreme torture to have to go to class. As soon as we were done for the day, we'd find our beach towels and lay out in the sun. Anywhere. If there wasn't room on the grass, we'd lay on the concrete sidewalk. We didn't care. We just wanted to catch some rays before they were gone! We'd even "pretend" we were doing homework but not a lot got done 'til we got back to our rooms later.

Spring fever is tough on students.

Today it got up to 80 again here. Carter couldn't have picked a worse day to sit inside and type up a research paper. But it had to be done! I think having the window open and hearing the birds (and perhaps neighbor kids) motivated him, because he got done a lot quicker than I expected.

I did let him take a break to go hitting at the batting cage. While he did that I got out and stretched my legs for 3 miles. Still alternating walking and running but at least I'm moving. Plus, I got to be out in the sun. I haven't changed my love for that since college!

After I showered, I picked Carter up and got him back on the computer. He finished that and other homework while I checked the basketball games. My bracket is so bad it flushed itself down the toilet today. I swear! At least the pressure's off and I can just watch when the Badgers play.

Hubby has a sports board meeting so I expected Carter would be camped out on the couch watching hoops. But he is watching some nature show "with incredible video footage" on the Science Channel.

Wow, you never know with that kid. I bet it changes at bedtime, though... "Wait, I just gotta check one more score..."

Ahhh, spring fever! Gotta love it!

No comments: