Saturday, December 22, 2012

Game Night

It's not every day you have to go north to get to warmer weather. But this morning when we got up, it was only 6 degrees in Wisconsin Rapids and reportedly 13 degrees in Luck (and 10 in Siren, our final destination). Time to hit the road!

We only had two pit stops on the way up -- our normal potty stop in Neillsville and then a lunch stop in Rice Lake. Checked into our hotel in Siren around 4 and got to see my sister Rayna and brother-in-law Paul, who were finally calmed down and a little more acclimated to winter after their challenging 1,600-mile trip up from Texas!

I accidentally took a nap for awhile but got up in time to go to a Game Night hosted by my cousins Laryn and Paula in Frederic. Had a great time seeing cousins I normally just "see" on Facebook or through Christmas cards. Learned a few new games and played an old one I haven't played in years. That was fun.

It was nice to see that my cousins and their siblings are just as competitive as I am with mine. Ha. I might just have to teach my family some new games tomorrow when we all get together here for Christmas!

We'll see who's up for the challenge!

No comments: