Monday, December 24, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Forget about the headaches of shopping, traveling, too much eating and stress. This really is the most wonderful time of the year when you can spend it with the ones you love.

It was not every day I can go from one family -- saying so long to my parents and siblings at the hotel Up north -- to the other -- celebrating with hubby's family over Christmas dinner.

I feel blessed that everyone I got to celebrate with last year was around this year. That's not something I can take for granted -- especially as my parents age and well, the world sees random violence erupting in every corner. I'm not kidding when I say all I want for Christmas is peace on earth! As a close second, I want quality time with loved ones. And I'm thankful I got that.

It was nice to host Christmas with my long-distance sister and brother-in-law, who are taking my parents back with them down to Texas for a month or so. It was also just great to see everyone able to make our celebration. Today, we hit the road in the late morning so we could get back into town in time to unload the vehicle from one celebration and reload it for the other.

We got to Jim's parents' by 4, joining his sister and her family. Our college boy Casey also was there and is here now to spend the night as we wait for Santa to come. Our middle blessing, Clay, chose not to take part and we miss him. Like I said, I just have to be grateful for the ones who are here and enjoy my time with them.

So I better get off the computer so I can crash in the "guy talk" in the living room. Then see if I can't assist Santa in any way.

Hope you all were blessed with a few more Christmas memories made with those special people in your lives!!

No comments: