Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Skol-idays

All week I've had it my head that it was St. Lucia Day on Saturday. I kept thinking the 15th and wondered how I would, er she would, get presents to Carter without embarrassing him in front of the friends he's having over Friday night.

All this thought going into it and then I realized a half hour ago that TODAY is St. Lucia Day!

Whoops.

Just about missed our Scandi-hoovian holiday!

So I quickly threw our gifts in some bags -- Wal-Mart bags, not gift bags -- and spread some good old Swedish cheer!

Hubby got a nice cheese slicer (built in on a bread board) to replace our old one. Carter got an Asteroids video game t-shirt. And I, following Norse tradition, got a new Vikings apron! Skol!

Or in today's case: Happy Skol-idays!

For the record, for the real Christmas, I do have my shopping all done now. Maybe I better write it on the calendar that my family's gifts are due the 23rd, Jim's family's gifts are due for delivery the 24th, and the boys will get theirs the 25th.

Our bathroom may "arrive" by New Year's. We'll see. Good thing I'm not completely in charge!

Happy St. Lucia Day!!

No comments: