Sunday, December 9, 2012

Let It Snow

I don't mind looking at snow but absolutely hate driving in it... oh and shoveling it. But, as the song says, if I have "no place to go," then you can let it snow.

Tomorrow, when we head back to work, it will be a different story!

The first storm of the year made its way across Minnesota, dumping a foot or so in some places, and has been falling steady here since I woke up this morning. Not blizzard-like steady. Just softly falling so that it deceives us with its beauty.

The roads, however, are a mess. But our driveway isn't -- thanks to hubby's manpower. Yup, the snowblower didn't start so we'll be getting that fixed ASAP. There is a whole lotta winter left.

I did spend the day indoors, but not really relaxing and enjoying the view. Worked most of the day in the bathroom and that is down to one section left to strip. I finally gave up around 5:30 and took a shower.

Don't be too impressed. I got a late start to begin with and had to take several breaks in the early afternoon to be sure my Vikings didn't blow their lead. As usual, they kept it too close for comfort. But we won. And I appreciate all the Packers fans who found it in their hearts to cheer with Purple Pride today, too. Thanks!

Carter did some work today, too. After rolling out of bed just before noon, he did some cleaning and even vacuuming in the basement. One, he's getting ready to have some friends over next weekend. And two, he really, really, really wants to prove that a ping-pong table will fit down there. He has not given up on that Christmas wish. Yikes. I'm not sure what we're gonna do about that.

I'll have to watch some more Hallmark movies so I really catch that giving spirit! I might as well since tonight, we have no place to go.

Just hope the plow drivers will be by before we do!


No comments: