Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Yin & Yang or Ping & Pong

Hubby warned me that having a ping-pong table would get a little loud. Apparently his mother yelled at him a lot when he and his sister played in their basement. All that ball-bouncing racket!

I discovered today that it is not the Ping and the Pong that make the noise. It's the Dad and the Son talking smack down there! Here we have Jim, who has always been good, he says. And we have Carter, who plays almost daily in the basement at school and thinks he's pretty good. Jim warned us that we shouldn't get a table or there would be a lot of crying... when he wins all the time.

So he and Carter went to Wal-Mart to pick up some paddles and balls and are keeping an all-time, forever score sheet between the two of the them. As I type right now and hear some exclamations from down below now and then, I can tell you the latest tally I saw was Dad with a 16-1 record so far.

You think they've done anything else today??

Actually Carter had a friend over for awhile and they played a few games while hubby and I had a date. It's true.

We went to the matinee of "Life at 40." I thought it was going to be a straight comedy but it actually had some serious story lines. We laughed plenty, though. And we probably identified with more than we expected! We both liked it so that will hold us for another year or so before we return to the theater. That's just how it plays out. It's not that we don't like movies. It's just that we don't usually find the same one we want to see on the big screen. So I end up renting them. These days, probably a year after they are in theaters! I'm a bit behind.

Perhaps because I'm watching too many made-for-TV Christmas movies. Did I say "too many"? Well, I hate to say it, but there are 3 on right now on 3 different channels and I've seen them all. Uh-oh. I probably should make better use of my time the rest of vacation!

This home office could use a day-long cleansing and reorganization. And then I could spend 3 days in the Scrap Cave. And not do any pages!

Hmm... Actually re-runs don't sound too bad right now!

No comments: