Friday, December 7, 2012

Packin' Heat

There's something non-functional about our heating system at work.

Today I never had the opportunity to take my jacket off. It just was never quite warm enough. I drank plenty of coffee to warm my core, but I am pondering packing some heat next week -- as in hand warmers, hot tea, maybe an electric lap blanket or a funky Snuggie. (Heaters are outlawed by the maintenance cops.)

We'll have to see.

In order to warm ourselves up after work, we immersed ourselves among as many sweaty people as possible. Sort of. In a less gross way.

Carter stayed after to school to "lift" and then go straight to Pep Band for the boys' games versus Auburndale. So hubby and I headed straight to Lincoln High School (the other Rapids school) to watch his goddaughter Becca play JV. Rapids did not play too well against Merrill. The primary JV team on which Becca played lost by 10 or 12. The secondary JV team lost 58-8. That is not a typo. It was still nice to see her play anyway.

After that game, we went over to Assumption High School to catch the boys varsity game. The gym was pretty packed with plenty of representation from Auburndale so I finally warmed up. Our team, however, was less than hot. They lost by a LOT.

Disappointing after seeing our girls kick butt and win by 40 points or something like that last night. It just never works out that both teams are hot at the same time. Oh well, it's early in the season.

Lots more cold nights to come... where sweaty people gather and my electric mattress pad is my BFF!

No comments: