Thursday, December 27, 2012

Krickety Karma

My back was protesting as I tried to roll out of bed this morning. I ended up having to go to the chiropractor. Apparently that is the price one pays for sitting on the couch watching too many Christmas movies on Hallmark.

Not kidding.

Either I stop watching or I need to sit in a more supportive chair. I have to go back tomorrow for another adjustment. Plus, I forced myself to schedule an hour massage for Monday. That's what karma dealt me today!

On the positive side, I was very productive -- updating my Christmas card mailing list, putting away the stockings and Santa hats, and sorting/tossing/organizing my sock and underwear drawers. C'mon, that has to count.

I didn't get beyond that since I welcomed a few distractions. First we went down to the Dells to watch our next-door neighbor Madison (Carter's age) play in a fast-pitch softball tournament. Yes, softball in the middle of winter. And yes, it was indoors -- the "dome" at the Chula Vista Resort.

While we were there, hubby got a text that one of his high school classmates was in town and getting together at another classmate's house in Rapids. So after the softball wins, we headed home, dropped Carter off and enjoyed some grownup fun and reminiscing. Well, the guys reminisced and us girls were just there to be supportive and laugh on cue -- even though we didn't have a clue who they were talking about most of the time.

Still a fun night and I managed not to turn into a pumpkin at midnight. Though I am heading towards a vegetative state promptly.

No comments: