Sunday, December 30, 2012

Too Close for Comfort


I guess if we're gonna have a too-close-for comfort, last-second-scoring, Packer-Viking game, I'm glad the Vikings came out on top for once!

I have just two words: WHEW and SKOL!

Had fun today helping some Viking friends celebrate a birthday while watching the game at their house. It was actually sort of a mini-reunion for 7 of us who worked in one capacity or the other with each other at the daily newspaper years ago (when they remember Carter as a baby).

So it was great to catch up... and cheer, jeer and bite our nails together. Oh sure, there were a few Packer fans in the mix, but we had enough Purple Pride to go around. I was decked out in Vikings pants, socks, t-shirt, sweatshirt and winter coat and scarf. I think what put my good karma over the edge was wearing all the purple and gold beads some of my sisters (even a Packer fan) gave me for Christmas! Thanks, RoAnn and Romey!!

I was bummed Adrian Peterson fell just 9 yards short of breaking the single-season rushing record. When you think of how many yards he ran all season (2000+), that was soooo close. I feel bad for him. But I'll take the win.

Too bad we have to turn around and play them again next week. AT Lambeau.

And too bad I'm on vacation Monday and Tuesday and only have 3 days of work this week to wear purple! I'll do my best to represent the Purple Nation but the next two days are Badger Red.

Wow, this really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: