Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Two Sides to Every Story

As a news reporter in a former life, I know a thing or two about balancing out a story. While my blog is heavily one-sided (As Robyn Sees It), I can occasionally see both sides. Today just happened to be one of those days where the positive and negative were a little more obvious.

Hair - Part 1: I went into work early today so I could make an appointment later in the morning. A very important appointment. I met with my hair artist in Waupaca and traded in my "50 shades of gray" for some "holiday hair." Oh yes, this girl is happy!

Hair - Part 2: It's been 3 weeks since Carter's haircut, which I really like, by the way, and he has already been whining that it's too long. He loves the style but wanted it trimmed before the special Christmas mass at school this Friday. Since the woman who cut his hair has Thursday office hours and I know it's going to storm, we stopped at a "walk-in" place tonight for his trim. Well, now it's way too short, in his opinion and his "side burns" are gone. Gasp! At least this time he can't blame me. I held no scissors in my hand (and probably won't again, as far as his hair goes!)

At least one of us had a good hair day!

Blizzard - Part 1: After I got my hair done, I just had to stop at the DQ across the street to try out a Candy Cane Blizzard for lunch! Who cares if I've been freezing at work? That was some goooood stuff! Funny thing is that 6 hours later, my sister Rayna (officially on the road for their 1,500-mile trip Up North) texted me their first pit stop was at DQ for a Candy Cane Blizzard! Sisters to the core, er cone.

Blizzard - Part 2: While the weather forecasters have shifted the path of Draco (when did we start naming snow storms?) just a bit, it still looks like we'll get somewhere between 6 and 16 inches. No sense being more accurate, right? Either way, it's an all-out blizzard with serious travel advisories. There's no way in heck, I (or most of us) am driving to work tomorrow. School is already canceled for Carter. And Jim is already home on vacation. I don't know think he wants us invading his space for the day.

Unless we help out with snow removal. Good thing we got our snow blower fixed in the nick of time.

No comments: