Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Take a Breather

As I looked around the kitchen this morning, I realized my typical whirlwind of life has landed like a cyclone on the counter tops. There's mail to be sorted, bills to pay, Amazon delivery boxes to be opened, aging bananas to be made into bread and a gallon Ziploc bag of Amish Friendship Bread dough ready to burst at the seams.

Yup. I need a day off.

In order to make that happen, I had to work like a mad woman today and get a lot done. I did! I even got in a noon-time run at the fitness center. That worked well. I still could have got all that baking done by "deadline" tonight but opted to wait until tomorrow so I could enjoy a night out.

It's not that we don't like our house... It's just that there are things to do, people to see and places to go!

Hubby and I stopped home after work to pick up Carter and head to Pittsville for boys hoops. Now the only thing I like about Pittsville is their school colors: Purple and Yellow. Even though I was loving their purple Nike basketball shoes, I was not happy to see how well they worked for them!

They killed us 50-32 (I think) in both the JV and Varsity games. Of course, they have a 6-foot-9 starter so that helped them. He has really, really, really big purple Nikes! Anyway, it was still nice to go and root for the Royals. Hopefully next game will be against a team of normal high-school-sized boys!

We'll have a little breather here until the girls play on Thursday -- coincidentally, the same day I return to work. I vow to use my time wisely. Just wait 'til tomorrow night when I report on all my progress...

Or about the great daytime Christmas movies I saw on the Hallmark Channel!

No comments: