Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cave Dweller

It was 5 degrees when I woke up today. No wonder I couldn't coax Carter out of his nice warm bed to go to 8 o'clock church with me!

Actually, I decided to be nice and let him get some sleep. He got so little sleep last week studying for finals and then staying at a friend's Friday night. So he slept in and I went to church, stayed for a budget meeting, came home and he was still sleeping.

I really couldn't be "nice" after 11:30, though. He had to get up before lunch! He did feel well rested anyway. But who wouldn't?

Since it was so stinkin' cold today, we all stayed inside for the afternoon and evening. Hubby even made homemade chicken soup. I did not attempt a walk. I did not even attempt a trip to Wal-Mart. (Now you know it was cold.) The thing is, I will have to get some things before going back to work on Tuesday so I don't know why I'm waiting 'til tomorrow to go when the high temp will only be zero. Duh me.

I spent my afternoon and evening in and out of my Scrap Cave. I was sorting through bags and bins of Carter's grade school "stuff" so I could determine what to keep for his scrapbook I'll be working on at camp next month and what to toss. I know. It's hard, but I have to throw some of it out. It felt good to get through it.

So I'd bring up a bag, sit in front of the TV and watch football then go back for more. The first playoff game ended up being closer than I expected -- with a final I wasn't expecting. The second game I was too busy with stuff to really pay attention. But it looks like it was an upset the Patriots are out. Not that any of this matters. Unless I get on a football board or two for the Superbowl!

I am done down in my cold cave for the night. Carter will need the heater back in his room anyway. Plus, I did get through everything I had for 1st through 4th grades. Unfortunately, when we had the basement flooding this past summer and it destroyed some stuff in my Scrap Cave, Carter's papers and art, etc., from 5th and 6th grade were part of that. So his scrapbook will be a little bulkier for the early grades.

I bet he won't care.

Tomorrow, when I am home alone, I will have to head back down the to Cave and start doing some serious organizing. It's become a serious dumping ground and I just don't know if that rumor is true -- that there is a place for everything. I'll find out tomorrow!

In the meantime, I gotta turn my mattress pad on high and ignore the sound of the wind! B-r-r-r!

No comments: