Monday, January 7, 2013

Forward


I probably should have had an intervention of some sort months ago -- before things got out of hand. But now I'm with a million other people trying to get my health and my weight "back on track" or "on track" period at the start of a new year.

Here are sure signs I am powerless over portions...
  • The other night when we had friends over, my girlfriend wanted to borrow my ice cream scoop for the slush mix she brought. I looked in all the drawers and couldn't find it. I wonder how long that's been missing. Do you know why I didn't know my ICE CREAM scoop was missing?? Because I've been eating my ice cream right out of the container with a spoon! Who needs a scoop?!
  • Since I wasted my day away yesterday I didn't get grocery shopping done so after picking Carter up at school this afternoon, we got a "take and bake" Papa Murphy's pizza. The guys took care of baking it while I ran (drove, I mean) to the grocery store to get stuff for meals this week. It was a lightning-fast shopping trip. Here's me piling my cart with healthy veggies and frozen Weight Watchers meals so I can rush home and enjoy pizza!
I'd rather not go on and on. You get the point.

I saw a water bottle the other day that spoke to me. It said: "I like running because... I really, really, really, really, really, really like dessert!"

That is me. I run so I can have my treats... but during the holidays, my feet and legs do not keep up with my mouth. There are just sooooo many good treats this time of year. Don't get me started on the limited-time eggnog (in all forms) and Candy Cane Blizzards (who says the devil is not at work in modern times??).

So I need to move forward. I shouldn't beat myself up over the past. I should learn from it, treasure the sumptuous memories and move on.

This would be a lot easier if I would just win the Powerball. I could pay a personal trainer to be my daily drill sergeant and force me to put more wiggle in my waddle. Of course with all that money... can you imagine how much ice cream that would buy? Heck I could BUY King Cone!

Sigh... I am hopeless!

Just gonna put one foot in front of the other... and take some joy in the fact that when I look down, I can still see my feet!

No comments: