Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hip to be Square

I think I've lost my hip. If I ever had it.

I am camped out on the couch watching the Golden Globes -- because I am an award show junkie -- and I have quickly discovered I am no longer "hip" enough to know who half the people are, let alone what shows and movies they are talking about.

That doesn't stop me from watching, of course. There's still some people I know. Like Kevin Costner just won an award and wow, Bill Clinton just took the stage to introduce Lincoln, a movie I am still hoping to see.

If nothing else, they will give me a list of movies to see when I have time.

Today I actually watched a new one on DVD -- Pitch Perfect -- which is sort of like an edgy Glee. And I laughed myself silly. I liked it!

I did not watch any football. And did not use the computer since Carter has been doing homework all day. Instead, I stripped some wallpaper remnants and did laundry and my "Saturday" chores. And that, my friends, is how I earned the couch for the evening.

So I better get back to watching the show since that is what us hip people do!

As far as I know.

No comments: