Friday, January 18, 2013

On Holiday

We didn't necessarily ask our company to give us federal holidays off. But I will admit getting Martin Luther King and Presidents days off so early in the year help us ease back into those 5-day work weeks.

Yup, we've got it so rough.

This week was a little nuts with a few "next Monday" deadlines pushed ahead to today. But we were rewarded. During all of our holiday weekends, we get "released" at 3 p.m. on the prior Friday. So that was nice today. Not like getting out early in the summer and golfing, but still it was nice to drive home in complete daylight!

Both of my magazines actually went to press at 2 p.m. so I was ready to start my 3-day weekend then. My loyal working hubby, however, said we should stay until 3 (even though my boss said it was OK to go). Well, I did get a few extra things done in that hour. Plus managed to catch up on everyone's Facebook statuses.

Odd that this is the one Friday we don't have anything going on. We've got both boys and girls hoops tomorrow night so no games to see tonight. And Carter just went into town to stay at a friend's. I plopped on the couch to keep reading my book while simultaneously watching The Wedding Planner. Don't be too impressed with my multi-tasking abilities. When you see a movie enough times, you can just glance up now and then and still enjoy it.

Yes, I'm weird. I've never said otherwise.

I guess I should get off the computer and enjoy my night with the man. Maybe we'll play some cards. Maybe some ping-pong. We're on holiday so you never know how wild and crazy us old folks will get!

No comments: