Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Deep Freeze


Saw this picture today. You know what that means... somehow the Vikings are gonna win the Superbowl this year! Whoo-hoo!

Hey, I'm nothing if not a realistic fan.

Yup, we're still in the deep freeze in Wisconsin and Minnesota. I really, really, really feel badly for people who have to work outside. I mean seriously, you are made of stronger stuff that I am. By a mile.

Today, I actually stayed warm by working at home instead of at our inconsistently heated office. That's a nice way of putting it. Jim still went to Iola but I had an appointment with Dr. Fun this afternoon so I didn't want to waste my time with the commute.

I had a productive day but did not get a noon-time workout in. That's the danger of working at home, you don't remember to take a lunch hour and you certainly don't make time to get to a fitness center or workout -- beyond running loads of laundry up and down the basement stairs!

At least that keeps you warm.

I normally wouldn't care about the cold. I mean you can still drive in it. But I'm just looking ahead to the weekend when I am helping out with a snow sculpture contest Saturday and the projected high is 22 degrees. Actually that improved from earlier in the week when it was only supposed to get up to 12!

I'll try not to think of hubby working hard out in Palm Springs this weekend. He's already shipped his golf clubs so no matter how cold or wintry it gets, he really has to go. Just has to.

At least I'll get all the covers!



No comments: