Friday, January 25, 2013

Record-Keeping Day

I think today was considered a record-keeping day since the first semester has wrapped up. Whatever the reason, Carter had off of school. I decided to work in the home office in case he needed to be carted off somewhere to play, er, hang out!

Well, since he slept until after noon, I felt like I was having a record-keeping day of my own. Or make that record making -- to see how many things I could get done in one day.

It was a lot!

Several work projects, then laundry, dishes, 5 dozen Amish Friendship Bread muffins, grocery shopping, running Carter to a friend's, finding snow pants and snow-sculpting tools (no, I really don't know what those are).

So now I'm sitting down with my Sinus Soothing Chamomile tea and blogging while Carter and Jim are at the Lincoln High School boys basketball game. I am beat.

Thankfully, Carter did a few chores to help around here. It was snowing lightly most of the day so he shoveled a bit. We'll see if the weather warms up or if we have to snow blow. He also hauled some heavy stuff for me. Good thing he's been "lifting."

There's still a few things on tonight's agenda. I have to give Jim a haircut before his trip -- and he has to pack. He's not too excited, though. Look at the dump he has to stay at out in Palm Springs...


Good for him. Seriously. I hope he has decent weather for golf and the conference meetings. My goal is to not think about it and keep crossing things off my to-do list.

Sounds just as fun, right?

No comments: