Sunday, January 27, 2013

Snow Way

True to form, Mother Nature unleased more winter today! I kept thinking, there's snow way this is happening AGAIN. Less than 24 hours after hubby left, I was snowblowing!

This viscous cycles has to end. We must break this "he's someplace warm so give me more winter" streak one of these times.

The good news is that he wasn't golfing today so I really didn't have that much to be jealous of. The bad news is that tomorrow when I face a super icy commute, he won't even be waking up and lacing up his golf shoes yet. Sigh.

When we had our annual meeting in church this morning, someone mentioned getting done in time to "beat the weather." Pardon my ignorance, but "What weather?" I thought. I honestly hadn't paid attention to it beyond Saturday since I knew that was my outdoors day.

What we got today was 3-5 inches of light, fluffy snow. Since I was having my "Gold Party" at 3:30, I got out the snowblower at 2:30 to clear a path. Carter was busy with homework so I didn't want to have to wait. During my party, it kept snowing and turned into sleet/freezing rain. I think that kept a few people away, but I still did fine and plenty of folks left my house with some serious pocket change!

Carter had a "mid-winter dance party" with his classmates. Thankfully, he got a ride to and from it so I didn't have to brave the icy roads.

Yet. We'll play it by ear for the morning commute. Too bad my hostess "rewards" from my Gold Party weren't enough for me to retire! Or at least fly somewhere warm like, oh, maybe, Palm Springs.

I think there's a threesome teeing off at sunrise that could use a fourth!

No comments: