Saturday, January 5, 2013

Purple Pain

Shucks.

Although it's 12:45 a.m. and I have to be up to read at 8 a.m. church, I didn't want anyone thinking I was hiding from the truth.

The Vikings stink.

Well, a mild odor anyway.

What a shocker to have the backup QB suddenly called up to be the hero. Well I met Joe Webb. I've shook his hand and gotten his autograph. He's quite athletic. I thought maybe there was a chance he could make a surprising impact. Maybe in the grand scheme of things, he did. It wasn't a complete blowout anyway.

That's pretty much all the positive I can take away from it. Other than the fact my purple pain was lessened by the company of some great friends. Yep, we generously opened our home to a pack of Packer fans. They had to promise to be nice. At least during the game. And they were.

Any ribbing after the game, we probably deserved! (Honestly, we're not sore losers. Our hopes were not high, just realistic!)

At least hubby won 50 bucks on the pool at work. I guess if we can't beat the Packers, we might as well make money off of them!

Skol!

No comments: