Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hoop-Dee-Do!

If there was a spring in my step today, it may have had something to do with getting 10 hours of sleep (when I wasn't coughing). Or it may have had something to do with getting my Saturday chores actually done on a Saturday for a change. But most likely it had something to do with sunshine and 44-degree temperatures!

I knew a cold snap was coming but did not know it was still quite mild out until I went to get the mail around noon. Wow. In Wisconsin 44 degrees and sunny is like spring! So I took the mail back into the house and went for a nice walk.

You gotta enjoy weather like that when you can 'cause it can change fast. How fast? Well, in about 2 hours the wind chills will hit 20 to 25 degrees below zero! I wish I was kidding. That's Wisconsin for you. You either love it here or you're too stupid to move South. (I am in the latter category!)

After some time in the sun (no, no deck chairs this time), we spent the rest of the day and evening in the gym. Not working out, but watching hoops.

The Assumption girls and boys both played against Stevens Point Pacelli. The original schedule was supposed to be girls JV at 3 p.m., then boys JV at 4:30, followed by girls Varsity at 6 p.m and boys Varsity wrapping up the day at 7:30. Jim and I were to sell admission tickets from 2:30-5:30.

The first thing that changed was the cancellation of the girls JV game. The other school had too many girls out sick so they didn't have enough for a team. That meant we didn't have to leave the house until 3:30 to get to the school for our ticket duty. When we got there, they already had enough people so we didn't have to sell anything! Nice.

So we got to watch all 3 remaining games while visiting here and there with friends. The girls ended up winning and both of our boys' teams lost.

Still a fun way to hoop it up on a spring day!

No comments: