Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In Sink

The only thing functioning in our bedroom bathroom right now is the faucet in the sink. However, we honestly are getting closer to having that essential room back.

Right now, the shower and drywall around it are fixed and done. The floor guy -- who took the toilet out and set it in the empty shower -- was here Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Yes, it's a small room but he had to lay some concrete the first day, then mud over the heating pad the second day, lay beautiful tile the third day, then grout it the final day.

We've gone to two paint stores to pick up "cards" with peachy colors. When we decide -- and the last bit of wallpaper glue crap is removed -- then it will just be calling the painter and putting the room back together.

Right now, we've got most things in our bedroom or Carter's bathroom (actually, the "main" bathroom). Doesn't sound so bad, but it takes incredible synchronization in the mornings. And it all starts with me.

If I sleep til the third snooze, we are all going to be a bit behind. I have to shower in Carter's bathroom, then eat breakfast while hubby is showering. Then put on makeup in Carter's bathroom before he has to shower. Then go back to our bedroom to dry my hair. Then go out to the dining room to curl my hair before the mirror in there.

You can't imagine why I'd be anxious to get that bathroom -- temptingly sitting 6 feet from my side of the bed -- back, can you?

Actually, I'm quite anxious to see how it all turns out. It's sort of ironic that the best-looking room in the house is the least-trafficked. The one only the two of us usually see. That's OK. I look forward to enjoying the forced-upon-us transition.

I just have to get a little better and keeping us all in "sink" each morning!

No comments: