Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Candid Camera

I have been on a scrapbooking mission all year to get a photo of Carter playing in Pep Band. And Carter has been on a mission all year to block that mission!

Every time I think I can zoom in on him -- from any angle in the gym -- he sees me and moves to block my view of his face with the big end of his baritone. Last night me and my covert operation really had to step it up a notch.

When Mom can't get a photo, she has to rely on her connections in the media. So I told my old friend Casey, who was there to shoot the pep rally for the newspaper, that I would love a picture of Carter in the band since he won't let me take one.

Dear Casey delivered...

I could never get that close so I could see his face, fingers, instrument and lovely Royal blue Pep Band t-shirt! So I am quite grateful!

But that wasn't the end of his fame.

Oh no. Another friend at the paper caught him earlier in the day... on video, no less! This is like his famous week or something. What I like about the video is that Jim (who helped with t-shirt sales, plus folding and bagging) also has a cameo. Nice.

Here is a link to the video: http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/videonetwork/2222501544001/A-Royal-sendoff-

On that same website is the photo gallery with the Pep Rally images. Carter's picture above is the second photo and you might recognize this good-looking couple in photo #45. Ha!

I was so excited to let my family know to set their DVRs for the game tomorrow -- in case we become even more famous -- then I remembered we don't get "Wisconsin stations" up there anyway. We only get Minnesota affiliates (thus my growing up a Twins and Vikings fan). So I'll just "tape it" from home and we'll see what shakes out.

If you happen to be tuning in on ABC at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, look for us! Carter will be in front in the band and Jim and I will be the ones in Royal Blue!

Go Royals!!



No comments: