Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Delayed Reaction

We woke up expecting to see those 4-8 inches of snow on the ground and wouldn't you know it, there wasn't even 4-8 flakes (not counting the ones that live here).

This is when I love that the weather man is wrong! In the end, though, he wasn't.

Snow started falling in the afternoon and we did get about 3-4 inches of it after all. Nothing to disrupt travel too much, but enough to require snow blowing. Fortunately, while the guys were at the batting cage and I was at a cleaning products party (so domestic of me), our good neighbor came over and blew our driveway out for us. Have I mentioned lately how blessed we are? If not, I should have.

Now hubby's outside finishing up the snow removal and I am allegedly gathering up garbage to take out to the curb. Shhh... I meant to take it out of our office and found myself on the computer, then decided to blog. You know how that goes. My A.D.D. knows no bounds!

I sort of have to blame Carter a bit. He handed me a flyer for driver's ed (I know!!) and that prompted me to check out some info online. I find it hard to believe we are about to cross this bridge because, well, we've come to it. Uff da. Mama is not ready for this. And really, is Carter?

He can't get his temps anyway for another 8 months so I can delay my reaction to this for awhile. No sense opening up my mind and letting the crazy out just yet. That day will come.

Just like spring will eventually get here, too. Right?

I hope so. Mr. Deck Chair and the Flip Flop twins have been crying from neglect. I'm just going to have to explain to them that if the weather man can't get the forecast right, how can we rely on a weather animal's prediction?!

No comments: