Saturday, March 2, 2013

Running Like the Devil

Not only was I running with the devil today (see photos), I was running like one, too. Not fast, just super busy.

I rode up to Stevens Point this morning with our friend Gregg (classmate of hubby's). As we watched the in-car thermometer temperature rise a few degrees -- up to 22 degrees -- we were hopeful for a great race day. Actually, even though the wind prevented it from feeling warm, it was not bad!

Here we are are in the beer tent pre-race. Not drinking, just staying out of the wind. Don't you love his number?? I was seriously running with the devil!

Hurray! I finished! I actually was thrilled first that I managed to finish within an hour and thrilled secondly that it was under 55 minutes. With my lack of serious training, I'll take that result any day. I was especially pleased that I felt good. Did not have any aches or pains in my legs or hips. Tomorrow may be a different story, but for tonight, I'm good.

The fun after the Point Bock race is gathering in the beer tent area for free beer. I gave my tickets away and enjoyed some Point Root Beer. Gregg and I also remembered to grab a photo at the finish line on our way out!

I was on a very tight schedule the rest of the day. Got home at 2:25 p.m., had to shower quick and be to the bowling alley for a 3 p.m. start in the charity tournament. Got there on time but then they were running late so I really could have had time to fix my hair rather than throw a hat on it. We got started about 3:30 and by then, after learning we actually were bowling 4 games -- and throwing out the worst -- I figured we would be lucky to make it on time to the regional finals game at Assumption at 7 p.m.

Bowling went better than expected. I always strive to get to 100. My first game was 113 and that ended up being my throw-away game since the other 3 averaged 150. Whoot! OK, I'll be honest, it was a 9-pin tourney so knocking down 9 pins instead of 10 counted as a strike. My kind of game.

We got out of there and to the school just as the National Anthem was finishing up. Had a tough time finding seats so we didn't sit together. It was another great game for our girls. After a slow start, we beat Loyal 54-37, earning the Regional Championship! Another whoot!

Now we move onto sectionals next Thursday at Neillsville. Should be a fun road trip!

After the game, we came straight home since we were tired. Well, I was anyway. And Carter went to a late movie with some friends. I do not plan on waiting up.

Running like and with the devil takes a lot out of you. I wouldn't suggest it.


No comments: