Saturday, March 23, 2013

Only Robyn of Spring... So Far

Who wants to join my posse and track down that varmint who claimed spring was coming early?

Seriously, we are so far away from it. I had to take pictures today just to prove to my sister down in Texas that we are as far away from spring as she is from us in Wisconsin!

No, this is not a photo of our front yard after a snowstorm. This is today, March 23, 2013 -- three days into spring! To get a concept how big those snow banks are at the end of the driveway, I even stood behind one and had Jim take my picture.


My southern sister thought perhaps I was doing a "trick" shot and laying on some snow. Nope. I am on my tiptoes behind this snowbank! And with above-freezing temperatures like we had today, it won't be long before I am standing in Lake Austin!

Bring it, Mother Nature!

Since it was nice out, I should have gotten out and walked or ran or something. But instead we did a different kind of "running." The errands kind.

First we all had to go to Polito's -- home of the big slice -- for lunch since a new branch opened in Wisconsin Rapids today. Good stuff as always!! Then we dropped Carter off and hubby and I road-tripped to Stevens Point and Plover in search of much-needed accessories for our almost-completed bathroom. Went to 4 stores -- Target, Fleet Farm, Lowes and Menards -- and came home with a new medicine cabinet, towel racks and shower shelf things.

Our plan was that we were going to go to the musical at the high school tonight. But then we got on a roll getting stuff cleaned up and installed in our bathroom so we just wanted to keep going. Got to shower in our own bathroom tonight for the first time in 4 months! And oh, what a nice shower it is!! We should get the toilet re-installed by Tuesday. Carter will be thrilled to have "his" bathroom back.

Hopefully we'll be back in business before the snow melts... 'Cause who knows when that will be??

No comments: