Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Viva, Las Vegas!



I don't even know if Viva means hello or goodbye or get some sleep. Right now, for me, it means it's time to sign off the computer and head to the airport for my first "red eye" flight!

Got done with our show project today by early afternoon so we had time to kill. I ended up doing some work in case I can't function in the office tomorrow after my red-eye. Then I did more work -- fun stuff -- and hailed a cab and checked out The Auto Collections at The Quad.

It is a prestigious collection of 150 vehicles none of us could dream of owning in our lifetime. Unless we win the Powerball tonight. So I gave my press credentials (well said who I was) and got a nice tour and took photos for our old cars magazine and website for work. I have to do something to ease my guilt for being out of the office, right?

Even worse guilt is that I am not home for Carter. Jim had to go pick him up from school. He has a miserable cold and runny nose and cough, etc. I think the teenager might miss Mom for once. Hopefully he heals fast. He absolutely hates missing school or, more importantly, baseball practice.

Not that spring has arrived in Wisconsin yet. Today at one point I checked temps and it was 77 here and 17 in Rapids. Ouch. Not wanting to go home to that but can't wait to get some hugs.

Good thing I had a few "huggers" to tide me over!

No comments: