Thursday, March 7, 2013

Silent Support

I went to work today for several reasons. The main one, of course, was that I felt fine and had plenty to do. That was followed closely by the fact I had previously scheduled a hair upgrade over a long lunch. The culmination, naturally, was that we had a planned Royal Road Trip to Neillsville.

I am a time management goddess. I squeezed all those things in -- plus remembered to take my two circus peanut-sized anti-strep pills!

Work was good, my hair appointment was better ... and the Royal Road Trip was definitely the best.

Since Carter rode the Pep Band bus over to Neillsville, we could make a bee line from work (just about) on Highway 10. So we worked 'til normal time and stopped in Stevens Point for a quick bite to eat, then were on our way to the sectional showdown with Plum City.

We got there plenty early and we needed to in order to get a good seat. We had an awesome turnout. Both schools had lots of fans plus their bands. An exciting atmosphere!

I knew that I needed to take my healing throat seriously, so I hoped I wouldn't have major reasons to yell. Cheer, yes, but yell in frustration, no. So I quickly adopted the golf clap (loud version) and the silent fist pump for great plays. I didn't even do my celebratory whistle because I did not need a throat setback. My silent support did the trick!

While the first half saw many lead changes, the Assumption girls got command of the game in the 3rd quarter. Their lead shrunk a bit in the 4th quarter but thanks to some starters from Plum City fouling out, we held our ground and won 65-50! Yay!

Now our #2 ranked Royals will play against #1 ranked Seneca on Saturday evening in La Crosse. I don't know if I'll have my voice back by then, but I'll still have my blue nail polish and my new conference championship t-shirt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bet the Austin family is proud and pleased as punch. Good luck Saturday! Rayna