Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Web M.D.: What's the difference between a migraine, a sinus infection and an abscessed tooth? There is no punchline here. I really need to know! One of the great things about the Internet is you can plug in your symptoms and discover what is potentially wrong with you. One of the bad things about the Internet is that is you can plug in your symptoms and discover what is potentially wrong with you. Do I have an earache or am I having a stroke? I guess I'll find out tomorrow why the pain by my ear Sunday has traveled around to shooting pain on my right side of my head. First stop is the dentist. If it is not tooth-related, I am heading straight for the walk-in clinic. I don't even want to find any more symptoms. I mean I could have picked up malaria but I don't think mosquitoes are snow birds.(By the way, Carter gave Daddy his devastating head cold. So we may be under quarantine here one way or the other!)

Chatter Box: We had parent-teacher conferences this evening. We weren't anticipating any major news, we just wanted to see how the teen was acclimating to high school. Apparently, pretty well. In fact, he's so "comfortable," he doesn't mind talking in class. Even when he's not supposed to! Other than the occasional chatter comments, the teachers enjoy him and he shows them respect. We value that!

Baseball Buzz: Baseball practice is in full swing and the first game is allegedly just over a week away. I'm pretty sure the only way it will happen is if someone builds a dome here. And quickly. Even if the first game doesn't come for a few weeks, Carter insisted it was time for me to trim the locks. So it's goodbye Justin Bieber, hello Baseball Buzz. Nope, no pictures. He may look nice, but he's still all Teen. And you fellow teen parents know what I am talking about!

Bathroom Buzz: OK, I'll keep the details to a minimum. Let's just say we are so close to having our bathroom re-do done, that this morning, for the first time since November, I rolled out of bed, got to use my own toilet and walk across the new heated tile floor to our fabulous shower! At least something is almost back to normal around here! I still had to curl my hair using the dining room mirror, but we're getting there.

No comments: