Thursday, March 21, 2013

Red-Eye Reduction

I like the setting on my camera that pops an extra flash to magically reduce those evel "red eyes" in photographs. I wish I could magically do that to myself! Now I know why the overnight flight is called a Red Eye.

Uff da. I am dragging!

When we took off from Vegas last night at 11:30 (1:30 AM central), it was obviously way past my bed time. Me, who normally is never comfortable enough to sleep on a plane, was actually asleep before the flight attendant gave her instructions! I slept through takeoff and woke up just in time for landing!

Unfortunately, that was only 4 hours and I had a 2-hour layover in Detroit that was not conducive to sleep. I did sleep that one hour from Detroit to Green Bay, too. What really refreshed me was walking out in the 19-degree Wisconsin sunshine.

Spring has not sprung yet. Not even close!

From Green Bay, I drove to work and thankfully was super busy catching up so I stayed awake. Jim worked from home today because Carter was home sick again (but is OK now). So I didn't get to see them 'til almost 6 p.m.

They liked the few items I got them in Vegas. I probably should have waited until Carter caught up on homework before giving him fun stuff that would distract him. Good thing I am such a good mom I could be gone 6 days and pick up right where I left off with nagging him about homework.

Oh yes. I am that good.

Well this super mom needs to get some shut-eye for the red eyes.

No comments: