Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meltdown Delay

I was hoping that meltdown -- the weather one, that is -- would start today. I must have read the forecast wrong because it did not get that warm and the snow did not go anywhere.

Add to that: Someone -- not us -- won that monster Powerball last night and I've had an earache all day. So much for a nice Sunday!

I did manage to get to church (Palm Sunday already?), got grocery shopping done, some laundry and a little bit of cleaning up, along with some work work. Plus I made some buffalo chicken for supper and yummy cranberry bars for dessert. So yeah, I guess I was a little productive.

But every time I check my daily website (uhm, Facebook), I am reminded by the I Heart to Run page that "You either ran today or you didn't." I always feel guilty when I did NOT put forth any effort in that direction.

Why can't they just say: Either you had ice cream today or you didn't? If they want a YES answer, that's the way to go.

Seriously, I could have at least gone for a walk today. But I guess I kept piddling around with other stuff, waiting for the temperature to warm up and my mind/body to get motivated... and probably several other excuses.

I wouldn't normally feel that guilty, but yesterday while licking our delectable King Cone treats, I told hubby: "OK, this is my last ice cream for awhile. Tomorrow I am going to really kick it in gear! I never got around to getting that beach body last year!"

To which he replied, "What... you already have a beach body."

Well I love him for saying that (even more than ice cream), but I still have to get that tomorrow to come one of these days or I am the one who will have a meltdown ... the next time I step on the scale.


No comments: