Friday, March 15, 2013

TGIFFF (Thank God it's Fish Fry Friday)

I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off today -- making up for lost time at the office yesterday while preparing to be gone a few days next week... then packing and playing, too.

The playing part was best. That really just involved going out to a fish fry at The Ridges with the guys -- and this time the guys included Casey, who is launching his Spring Break with a day or two at home.

Great to see the college boy again!! We enjoyed a nice meal, some catching up and some quick "Hello"s with friends who just happened to be there, too.

Then it was down to business for me, who has to leave the house before 6 a.m. to head to the Green Bay airport. I am doing a "work" trip as in working to help some friends put on a business event. It will be sad not to see the Assumption girls play their championship game but I will keep my blue fingernail polish on for the day, plus I will be in the same town as them, at least long enough to send them good vibes!

I also feel a bit guilty about leaving the state when my dad is not doing well. He's entering his 18th month of riding the Shingles on-again/off-again pain roller coaster. Right now he's in the hospital while they try to alleviate pain and determine a successful pain management program for him... and help him gain some strength back. He may be 85 but he's a tough ol' bird so I will see him at Easter and I bet he'll be fine. (Prayers still appreciated though!)

Well I better hit the hay. I've gone through the packing list so many times in my head I am sure I have what I need. Now if I can just turn off the brain so I can sleep.

Fast!!

No comments: