Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Short Cuts


When I saw this illustration today I really had to laugh out loud... And feel a little pathetic at the same time. I am 100% guilty of this!

While I will not throw my mom under the bus here, I will just point out, I have clear memories of my childhood seeing my mother making a list of "Things to do Today." If only she wouldn't have had that word "Today" on there. Because the next day, she would make a new list, starting with copying over everything that didn't get done the day before. Sometimes, it was a rewrite of an entire list!

Think of what task or two she could have gotten done in the time it took to rewrite that darn list for a new day.

Sorry, Mom, but I take a short cut. Several, in fact. First, I do not put the word "Today" anywhere. Secondly, I always list at least one thing that is already done so I can have that satisfaction of crossing it off as "done" and, at a the same time, inspire myself to stay on a roll!

Yup, 100% pathetic.

Today's list was mainly work at home but make sure to get to the dentist and doctor. The dentist was not convinced I had an abscessed tooth. After a panoramic X-ray, he said my right-side sinuses looked a bit cloudy (Do dentists predict weather any better than groundhogs, I wonder?).

I said I would go to the doctor next to have him check out a sinus infection. Instead my dentist took a shortcut and prescribed the antibiotic that would help a sinus infection -- since it was the same as he would prescribe for an abscessed tooth. So no matter what my problem is, hopefully this will clear it up. Thankfully he gave me something for the pain, too.

So that meant adding "Go to the Pharmacy" to my list. Of course, I added that when I got home so I could cross that off. Did you doubt it?

Now the only thing I really should add is "Get Well." Hopefully I can cross that off before I have to make a new one!

No comments: