Sunday, March 3, 2013

Extended Stay

Have you noticed the days are getting slightly longer? I should clarify: I don't have more time to do things, but the sun seems to be hanging around a bit more each day. As I find the last calendars around the house to switch over to March, I should not be surprised at the extended stay.

But I still didn't get (or make) time today to get my Saturday chores all done. I did get up and go to 8 o'clock church, then went grocery shopping and did laundry. Then hubby picked me up and we joined some friends at a nearby watering hole for a long visit.

We cut our extended stay there short when Carter texted he was home from a trip with a friend to the batting cages -- and was locked out of the house. Whoops. So we went home and that gave me time to get some more laundry done.

Jim had a meeting tonight so I finally watched the rest of the Oscars I had DVR'd and a Hallmark movie I "taped" too. Then Carter comes out with more laundry so he has clean pants for tomorrow. It seems like a never-ending cycle but we should be good for a few days.

I did make some time to upload a few photos from yesterday...

This is my BFF (Bowling Friend Forever, ha) Christine... yes, we look like we are taking the game seriously, don't we? We both have bad backs so we were feeling it a bit today. Four games was probably 3 too many.

Hubby was in a jovial mood... how could he not be after bowling a 252 or something around that his last game? He better be careful or they'll draft him on a league! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

From the basketball game... our girls take the court after receiving the Regional Championship trophy!

Was not at a good angle to get a good photo but I can tell you this: All the girls in the front row are in Carter's class. Yes, freshman playing on varsity. And we only have one senior this year so this team is going to kick butt again next year.

What we know for this year is we'll be playing against Plum City on Thursday at a neutral site -- Neillsville. That's less than an hour away so not too bad. I'm going to have to put on another layer of blue nail polish. I mean, it would be unlucky at this point if I took it off, wouldn't it?

I guess that's something I can do with all this extra time we're getting on these longer days. Hmmm.... wonder if there's anything else...

No comments: