Thursday, March 14, 2013

Talking a BLUE Streak

My checklist before heading to the Division 5 state semifinal matchup between our Assumption Royals and the Wausau Newman Cardinals:
  • Royal Blue AHS state t-shirt: Check.
  • Royal Blue nail polish: Check.
  • Royal Blue underwear: Check.
  • Royal Blue WIN: That comes next!
Hubby and I worked through most of the morning then headed over to Green Bay at 11. We made a quick stop to eat and then parked at Lambeau Field, right across the street from the Resch Center, where the girls games are taking place this year.

The band was already playing when we got in and Assumption had a huge crowd of followers. Awesome!

Wausau scored first and that got us (as in fans in the stands) nervous. Somehow we (as in the actual players) took the lead back and never looked back. Knowing how strong and capable Newman is, we did not feel at ease, honestly, until it was all over and the scoreboard said this: Assumption 60-Newman 37!! Oh yeah! We are headed to the state championship game on Saturday!!!

What an exciting day! I have no voice left!!

I did take photos, yes, but we did not come directly home and I need to get some sleep. First we hung around and watched the first half of the Division 5 game after ours to scout the competition. (We will play Barneveld.) Then we stopped in Appleton to eat and shop (briefly, I swear) for some shoes for Carter and me. Then, of course, we had a celebratory stop at King Cone.

When we got home, we had to run the car over the shop where they are changing the oil tomorrow. Then we sat down to watch the game -- mostly crowd shots. Glad we DVR'd it. At halftime, our neighbor who was watching it at home texted Jim and said Carter had appeared so many times on screen, he'd need an agent! Ha. 

Well we watched and yes, he got into plenty of shots of the band and student section. Pretty cool. The game isn't quite over but I'll finish watching tomorrow night. I really need to get some sleep so I can catch up on what I just HAD to miss at work today.

It goes without saying: It was totally worth it!!!

No comments: