Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Star Power

My sisters occasionally make fun of me and my knack for finding celebrities... typically stars from days gone by (i.e. Erik Estrada and Henry Winkler) or such minor "celebrities" I have to explain who they are. Whether they are making fun of me or just in awe, I can't explain why I just get a kick out of getting pictures of celebrities or me with them.

Since I haven't had a celebrity (using term loosely) sighting and photo since Michael Waltrip at the Red Sox game last fall, I was due. And in Vegas, well, it just seems logical.

While Carter and the Assumption Royals baseball team start practice indoors this week, I got to attend a tailgating party of my own.

What's a party without a Playboy Bunny? Actually an ex one. Not kidding here, folks. Brande Roderick is an ex-playboy bunny who participated in the Celebrity Apprentice (a few years back) and now has her own trading card.

She was super nice and even took off her 4-inch heels so we'd be the same height in the photo. If you are not sure which one she is, she is the one who looks to be exactly half my Round Robyn size!!

In order to improve my self-image, I had to find someone much larger than me. Former homerun slugger Frank "The Big Hurt" Thomas fit the bill. Of course, after meeting charming me, his nickname is now "The Big Hug" Thomas (according to my hubby). Even though he played for the White Sox at one point, he still generously allowed a photo with a Twins fan. Another super nice person!

Today, I just happened to run into a few of those celebrities that had minor but memorable roles... some years back. Probably the weirdest combo of people in a picture but I had to seize the moment!

Here's me hangin' out with Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi" (no soup for me!) and my new pal "Flick" from A Christmas Story (all grown up and no, he hasn't had his tongue stuck to any flag poles lately).

Other than seeing the stars, I did see the sunset one night out my hotel window...

I haven't set foot outdoors since I got to my hotel from the airport Saturday. But heck, I don't think I'm missing much, do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not "outing" me and telling everyone it was your oldest sister that no idea who you were talking about! LOL enjoy your activities and keep posting!