Friday, March 22, 2013

March Madness, Gladness or Sadness?

Did you hear that? That's me groaning rather loudly after I learned that the team I picked to win my NCAA pool lost in the first round! Are you kidding me? What were you thinking, Georgetown??

Of course, what am I thinking when I spent maybe 3 minutes filling out my bracket? I guess it will be a nice donation to some lucky person -- who hopefully lives in this house. I admit I know the least about college basketball of probably anybody. I just try to pick random "upsets" and hope I am right. I don't have a good track record with this. Yet it does not stop me from trying.

I guess I can't complain when that was the only downside of my day.

Work was busy as I continue to play catch-up. After work we picked Carter up from baseball practice (he made it to school) and then met hubby's family at The Wildhorse Saloon for supper to celebrate March birthdays for mother-in-law, brother-in-law and our college boy. I bypassed the fish fry and went right for the coconut shrimp. Yummy! Afterwards, we went over to Jim's sister's house for birthday carrot cake (Oh yes, I am spoiled some days) and visiting.

When we got home, instead of watching college hoops and seeing my Hoyas throw away their future, I finally got to watch the Assumption girls in their state championship game from last Saturday! Spoiler alert: We won!! Whoo-hoo!

Carter was mocking me for getting nervous and emotional even though I knew the outcome. It was hard to explain that it was still exciting to see how it happened. I mean really, the movie Titanic grossed millions and millions at the box office but we all knew how it would end! Thankfully, our "show" tonight had a happy ending. It was just cool to see everyone celebrating after our win and, yes, see Carter on TV a few more times!

Now it is time for bed and there will be no morning alarms set in this house. That is what turns March Madness into Gladness... for this bracketology loser.

No comments: