Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Ail House

Not that we're in a competition around here, but it seems we're all ailing from something. And it ain't a simple case of Spring Fever.

Carter is on his first day of spring break and is already suffering from boredom. Cue the violins. Seriously, I would give anything for 10 days with NOTHING to do! He does have baseball practice two hours a day. And frankly, if he starts whining, I'll make a list of things for him to do. (You know how I like lists.)

Daddy is still suffering much more severely from that nasty head cold Carter passed along to him. I kid you not, he went through a whole box of tissues at work today!

I think the best cure for him is a day on the couch feeding his March Madness fever. Probably both the boys will prescribe that to themselves tomorrow.

I probably had the most improvement today. Either those gigantic pink and blue pills are working overtime. Or the little elves pounding ice picks in my head took off on spring break with Carter. I hope they don't get bored and come back early!

Of course, when I am looking to cure what ails me, I go a little overboard. (Me? High maintenance? No way.) So I got a nice half-hour chair massage at work. Didn't do much for the sinus infection head pain but it certainly worked out some knots in my back.

The saying that "there's nothing like a good book" was also part of my cure today. Got to attend a book club meeting at my friend Christine's house. I really enjoyed myself. Since I typically read one to two books per week, this was my kind of crowd. Even though I was just a guest tonight, I do have a list of the books they've read to date so I have some great suggestions for future reading.

Hopefully while sitting in a deck chair one of these days.

I lied. We do all have Spring Fever here. Be careful. I'm pretty sure it's going around.

No comments: