Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pot O' Gold

Since it was pre-St. Patty's Day today, it was only fitting our Assumption girls basketball team found a "ball" of gold at the end of their state-tourney rainbow!

As promised, I kept my blue fingernail polish on and wore an AHS hoops t-shirt today to give the girls good vibes that brief hour I was in Green Bay before my plane took off at 9 a.m. I am sure it helped!

The game started at 11:05 a.m. and my next plane was departing at 11:15 a.m. Not enough time to get a real sense of the game at that point. When we took off after a short layover in Minneapolis, I learned there was wi-fi on the plane. For just $5 for an hour, I figured I could log on and watch live streaming video of the game! I was so excited until I realized my laptop was not fully charged and I only had 29 minutes of power left.

So I paid for the connection and had to power down my computer every few minutes to let it rest and let the game continue a little bit. Every time I would power it back up, the game was getting closer and our lead was gone. With less than 4 minutes to go, we were tied and I had to power off since I only had 6 minutes left on my battery. Oh, the agony!

I managed to turn it back on for the last, truly agonizing minute and saw us win. Whoo-hoo!! However, the computer went dead immediately after and I missed all celebrations, etc. Physically, I also missed the pep rally back at the school at 5 p.m. followed by a big ol' pizza party at The Ridges.

I was really busy since the moment I landed this afternoon. And something tells me nothing in Vegas is as exciting right now as the party back home!

Congrats, Lady Royals ... Our new Division 5 State Champions!!

No comments: