Monday, March 11, 2013

Now Here's Something You'll Really Like...

Part of my job at work is maintaining our social media presence for some of our brands. (Which I love.) While looking for some crazy car accessory photos today, I came across this one...

It just so happens Lawrence Welk was born this day in 1903. So how fitting for him to introduce this record player for your car, which I assume had one heck of an anti-skip mechanism in it. If he was saying it on his show, it would go something like this... "And now here's something I think you'll really like..."

Oh gosh, I am showing my inner geek.

Yes, we were forced -- might I repeat forced -- to sit and watch the Lawrence Welk Show on Saturday evenings. Back then, you either watched TV with your parents or, well, went to bed or something. Not much going on to entertain ourselves on winter nights, that's for sure.

So it would Larry and his gang followed up by Hee-Haw, much more my speed since the music was a little bit more upbeat, they had humor and, of course, the Hagger Twins!!!!

Oh my. I AM a nerd. OK, it's all out in the open now... Just about. You really don't need to know how my twin sister and I dressed up to be the Hagger Twins, do you?

Oh, did you want proof?


Suddenly Lawrence Welk doesn't look so bad, does he?

All together now... And a vun... and a two... and a tree...


No comments: