Tuesday, December 30, 2014

6 Geese A Laying ... Around

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: 
6 geese a-laying...


Here I thought tradition meant 6 geese laying eggs and being productive. On the contrary, these geese are laying around. I don't have to tell you a took a cue from them and ended my own productive streak.

Wait, can it be a streak after only one day??

Anyway, I took a hiatus from the decluttering / organizing business only because I had actual work to do. Yes, I'm technically on vacation but a few things had to be done. Then there was that list of other non-work "work" projects that needed to be wrapped up by year's end.

So I ended up sitting on the computer 'til almost noon. Productive but not anything anyone else in the house could see. I got on the treadmill for an hour after that, watching Season 2 of Orange is the New Black. Yup, I renewed my Netflix this morning for that free trial month anyway. At least I can catch up on OITNB and maybe we'll keep it after that. (Hubby is watching Wolf of Wall Street right now on it. I gave up after 90 minutes. Still can't get the storyline or care. But he's enjoying it.)

I made some chocolate cookie type treats and banana bread this evening, too. Nothing compares to Jim's accomplishment of the day, though.

When he went to give blood this morning, he got a t-shirt acknowledging his 7th gallon! Wow. So proud of him! I admire his ability to do that. I have tried numerous times and can't do it without fainting, even if they set me up with ice and have me reclined and all that. Just can't do. So glad he can and does and that he makes a difference.

Now I would earn a 7-gallon t-shirt in the ice cream or coffee club, but that's not helping anyone else.

It does keep me going, though, which is more than my geese can say today!


No comments: