Friday, December 19, 2014

Closed for Renovation... and Rejuvenation


We did it! At 3 p.m. today, I hung a sign outside our department with this photo and a caption that said: "Closed for the holidays!"

While we can't really close a magazine department, the three of us will not be there physically until Jan. 5. And hopefully not there mentally either. We all have a few tasks to complete over the next two weeks but nothing that will require a commute from any of us. We happen to have a gap in deadlines so this is a perfect time for us 3 editors to relax and rejuvenate.

Whoo-hoo!

Hello, couch. Hello, blankie. Hello, Hallmark Channel. Let's figure this vacation thing out!

To get it launched, I actually bypassed a Christmas movie for a live action one. As in real live action. Jim and I went up to Auburndale to watch the Assumption boys basketball team. It was a nail-biter of a game and we ended up winning by 1 point. The first time, I might add, since 2006 that we have beaten them.

Very cool to be a part of the excitement. Stopped "out" for  awhile after the game to celebrate. I figured I blow my curfew since I can sleep in tomorrow. Now I'm just waiting for my mattress pad to heat up and it's go time.

Hello, vacation. Let's do this thing!



No comments: