Sunday, December 7, 2014

Streak Picks

The two other sports fans in the house are a little hooked on participating in ESPN's Streak for the Cash competition.

Basically, you pick from two options for a sporting event (either a winner or point margin or something unique) and after that competition is complete, you move on to your next pick. The object is to get a streak of winning picks. If you get one wrong you just keep trying to get back into a winning streak again. Each month, the person who gets some crazy unobtainable amount of consecutive wins gets cash. Then a new month comes along and you try again.

With apps on their phones, they can "participate" pretty easily. And often.

I prefer old school streaks, like my weird life events.

Lately, as I previously mentioned, I have had a "streak" of dreams about getting a puppy. This past week, a puppy mill in nearby Clark County turned in a couple dozen small dogs that will need homes soon. Is this a sign from God that we should get a puppy?

Well, no. The puppy dreams have now morphed into something worse.

Last night I dreamed Carter had a new baby brother (we are not getting one of those!!). If that wasn't weird enough, we named him Linus. I haven't seen Charlie Brown's Christmas this year so I wasn't influenced by that. But today, I started a new book for book club and a character in there is named Linus!

Now that's a goocher!

If you aren't sure of what a goocher is, let me refer you to the great movie Stand By Me...


Any strange coincidence can be a goocher, in my opinion. This was the second one this week, though, and I will get a little nervous if I have a streak of them!

The Vikings continued their streak of beating themselves. Oh they managed to pull off a win but it took overtime to do it. Since the Packers don't play until Monday night, I got to watch the game on TV here. And yell at the team "in person"! They just can't seem to get it together. At this point we are just hoping to break the "losing season" streak.

Skol!

After getting some baking done, I did manage to keep up my Hallmark Christmas movie streak. I have enough movies DVR'd for a daily viewing, but will I have the time during the work week to do so? I hate to break the streak, but I'm pretty confident I will waste no time starting over.

I'm pretty committed that way. (Or as the eye-rolling Scrooges in my house would say, I should BE committed!)

Bah humbug.



No comments: