Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Cheer

It was another jam-packed day off. And I'm OK with that since everything focused on Christmas.

This morning, hubby and I went to the Golden Mass at Assumption since the public is encouraged to attend. The gymnasium is transformed into a beautifully decorated and lighted place of worship. Carter and the band played some Christmas music and the choir sang several numbers, including my favorite, The Hallelujah Chorus.

Afterward, the gymnasium was transformed into a, well, gymnasium, for tonight's basketball game.

In between those two events...

The students could leave after Mass so Carter was able to join us for lunch with a handful of other friends of ours. I think there were 9 of us eating a scrumptious meal at Great Expectations. Good stuff!

After lunch, I really wanted to take a nap but had some grocery shopping to do. This is the second trip this week and again, I had an impromptu visit with friends. Apparently Wal-Mart is the new social hot spot. At least this time I looked presentable.

Got home and did some work (sh-h-h, don't remind me about vacation), then headed into town to drop Jim off at the bowling alley at 6 p.m. His subbing has become quite regular. Santa probably should have gotten him a new ball bag and shoes this year... but Mrs. Claus wasn't thinking!

Too bad he couldn't go to the game, it was a good one. It started off cheerful anyway. Here are a few photos of Carter and the pep band getting into the Christmas spirit and me, well, being my dorky selfie elfie self.


Carter's friend Olivia and one of their other classmates "bulked up" to dress Santa-like. I want those green, Grinchy shoes! Carter is wearing our "5-foot tall" stocking hat. He opted not to wear his Royal Blue one because he didn't want to match the previously mentioned dork...


Can I help it I love the Christmas season?? At least I am color-coordinated to show both Christmas Cheer and School Spirit! Unfortunately, it was not enough to get our boys a win versus Stratford. Very close, exciting game and we ended up losing by 2 points. Heart-breaker.

After the game, I picked up Jim from the bowling alley and we met up with some other "I'll have a Royal Blue Christmas" fans. We all have off tomorrow from work so why not stay out past midnight like the cool kids?

Logically, this little elf should be resting up for a busy 2 days. But I never claimed to be smart.

Just spirited.


No comments: