Sunday, December 21, 2014

Short on Time


The shortest day of the year and it was jammed.

I squeezed in a glorious Christmas Cantata (courtesy of our amazing church choir), a Christmas movie (courtesy of Hallmark Channel) and finished gift wrapping – all before noon. Apparently I thrive on deadline.

I also managed to sew a button on Carter's shirt (it's required I point out my rare domestic skills), watched the extremely disappointing end to the Vikings game and went to Book Club.

For my fellow book worms... Today we discussed the book Lullabies for Little Criminals. It was a pretty disturbing fictional story of a girl growing up in a world of poverty, neglect, drug use and prostitution. I'm sure it is the nonfiction reality for more children than we could possibly believe. Sure made me feel fortunate for the many blessings for myself and for our children.

Got home after 6 and squeezed in one more Christmas movie. I was down to one left in the DVR queue (oh no!!) but managed to find another station called ION TV or something that had a bunch of them I'd never seen.

Set "record." Whew. Crisis averted.

Did not manage to exercise – what with the limited time and all. Oops, and I didn't get around to those Saturday chores either. I guess starting tomorrow, I'll have a little extra time to do that!

That's how it works, right?





No comments: