Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Memories


Merry Christmas!

When my oldest sister started posting nostalgic (that means I'm OLD) Christmas photos, I was immediately drawn back to childhood memories. And grateful to be making new ones with my own family.

Above, clockwise, it's me on the red stool, then RoAnn, Romey, Dad, Ron, Rachel, Renell, Raylene and Mom. My sister Rayna (the budding photographer) took the picture. Somehow all 8 of us fit around the table – with its lovely vinyl/plastic table cloth – and there was enough food for one and all!

Today, I barely made enough for the 5 of us! Well, I tried a new sausage-egg bake recipe. It turned out so good that maybe a 9x13 pan isn't big enough. (Again, I am obligated to document all domestic moments in the kitchen.) It was easy and tasty and something I will make again with some variation. And I had plenty of time to prepare it.

Jim went to 10:30 a.m. church and the boys got up after 11. So it really was closer to lunch than brunch. Then we opened presents and dug into our stockings.

Clay wanted money towards a PS4. I am still figuring out Nintendo 64 so I am a bit behind on the video game systems. But he was happy, so that's what counts.



Apparently Carter blew out his speakers in his car doors so Santa brought him new ones. Installation NOT included. We'll make a gearhead out of him yet. He also got some clothes and ... some clothes.


Dad and Casey are wondering whose gift will keep them warmer this winter – Jim's Carhartt bibs or Casey's plush robe? I will be happy to test-drive the robe, but not the bibs, since those must be accompanied by shoveling or snowblowing.

The shortest elf in the house got a gift certificate to pick out some new running shoes. That will be awesome – especially when I am fueled by eggnog and cookies. I'll be so fast ... until that sugar crash!

This afternoon, while the men were entertained by a John Wayne marathon on TV, I did actually get out for a little exercise. I had to. The temps were in the mild 30s and the sun shone on the Son's birthday! Hurray!

I even saw my shadow. That means 6 more weeks of Christmas! Fa-la-la-la...






No comments: