Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Fax


Just a few facts from Friday...


Sleep Deprivation: Why do I keep staying up past my bedtime? Well that could be a Carter question, too. I know I've been wrapping up a few projects but Carter has been on homework overload... plus a few interruptions. The other night he should have come straight home after Pep Band instead of going to a hockey game and getting home even later than we did from the hoops game. He claims he didn't get any sleep that night. Then last night, he got called into work so it was another late start to homework. Tonight he has a friend over so who knows when they'll get sleep but I bet they won't be up before 10 a.m. I hope I'm not either but that's just wishful thinking. My mind will start working long before my body is ready to get out of bed!

Funny Stuff: I can't believe I forgot to share this last night funny moment from bell ringing. A guy walking into the store says, "Do I stink? I just got done butchering a cow." I was just about speechless but then, remembering I was wearing my reindeer hat, I responded: "Well as long as you don't gut a deer next." (I'm just glad he really didn't stink. I don't think I could handle the butcher odor without keeling over the kettle!)

High School Drama: Not all drama in high school involves cliques and rivalries in school. We see it in sports, too. Tonight, our girls basketball team traveled up to Marathon to take on the rival Red Raiders. Last year, we had to break a tie with them to take the conference championship title. This year, minus some star seniors who graduated, I think the girls just wanted to prevent a stomping. Jim and I drove up and, like the other Royals fans, were pleasantly surprised that our "young" team could put up a good fight. We even led at halftime. But then lost ground, lots of ground, in the third quarter and it was just a dramatic fourth as both teams fought hard – and sometimes got called for a foul doing it. Ha. In the end, we lost, but I hope the girls felt good that they could hang in there. Now, we just need our three injured players to heal and we can get somewhere!

Think Pink: Two of my nephews are expecting baby girls this month. Well, their ladies are expecting! I do not have any great-nieces (just great ones in general) so I was excited to hear one has arrived and is healthy. It would be best if the second one arrived much later in the month. Either way, it's going to be fun to start shopping in the pink department. Hope both Matt and Tim feel as blessed about parenthood as I do.

Most days.

But the weekend's here so no complaints! Sleep tight!


No comments: