Monday, December 22, 2014

Best Buys


I wasn't necessarily looking for the best buys today, just good deals with my best friend!

With a little Gingerbread Latte coaxing, my friend Christine got me out the door at 8 a.m. and on the road to Appleton. She had to get an oil change and maintenance checkup over there so why not make a girls' day out of it??

Seemed logical to us.

That and the need to nab a few final presents on my list.

The car dealership had a shuttle over to the Fox River Mall. How convenient! The shuttle driver joked with us that our hubbies had already called him and told him to put us on a limit. Nice try.


I was looking for bargains – seriously – but when I saw the "one day only" diamond party, I thought, "Wow, it is time to start filling Robyn's stocking!"

Oh c'mon. You know I didn't. A bargain shopper like me had to stay on task.

Between the mall and another store stop on the way home, I think I got everything I need. It was all mainly for Carter. I just have one more thing I will have to try and find time to get in the next 48 hours.

Besides the shopping success, it was just nice to hang out with the bestie. Had fun and, even though we're a mere 2 days from Christmas, were relaxed.

I was actually more on edge tonight at the girls' basketball game. We traveled up to Stratford and they led after one quarter. Then Assumption took it and ran with it, in the end, defeating the tigers 57-30. When we got outside, we had the snowy, drizzly mixed precip going on. It was a slow drive home. So glad Jim was driving. Do not need any stress during my vacation.

Unless you bribe me with good coffee first...


No comments: