Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Special Appearance

I saw something today I haven't seen in days, maybe even a week. The sun!

I wonder why I've been so tired and it's probably because I've walking and driving around in a fog. And it's been just plain drizzly and dreary. Now that the temps have dropped to their typical cold December selves, the sun could return to trick us into thinking it's warm out.

Better a special, limited-time appearance than none at all. Even bundled up, it felt good to HAVE to don some sunglasses when driving over to the fitness center at lunch.

Was dark by the time I left work, though. I am diligently trying to cram three weeks of work into one so my slacker self can make a special appearance for the last two weeks of the year. I have been working my butt off to make that happen. It looks like it will be close. If anything, I'll just have some odds and ends to tie up from the home office between Christmas and New Year's.

What a pleasant thought! That brightens my day as much as the sun.

Now. Back to work!




No comments: