Saturday, December 6, 2014

9 Ladies Dancing


Thanks to my productive decking the halls day on Thursday, I was able to enjoy today in a relaxing and mostly festive way.

I had only two things on my real "to do" list: Make Christmas cookies. Go to a Christmas Dance recital. Yes, for real.

I wanted to make sure I saw Miss Emily– the girl I mentored in confirmation – dance. Plus you might say it was my "daughter fix" since I knew at least 8 other Academie de la Danse girls performing. Easily enjoyed seeing "9 ladies dancing," as the song goes!

After seeing the Atlanta Ballet perform The Nutcracker, oh way back in December of 1997 when Carter was in my tummy, I have loved that musical and seeing holiday dances and concerts in general. Today wasn't quite the same caliber but so entertaining nonetheless. Loved it and was glad I got to go.


Emily did a great job, too, and even performed one number rollerblading (figure skating). Awesome. Her mom – my "half" sister Chris –and I were both very proud.

After the recital, I made another holiday stop delivering Christmas cookies to my friend Becky. Her dad died the day before Thanksgiving so the holidays have already been stressful. I knew she wouldn't have had time to make any cookies yet so I brought her some, along with some hugs and a listening ear. We had a nice visit, considering the circumstances.

Got home in time to eat supper then beat hubby in cards. But then we played a second game and he won. Why can't I quit while I am ahead?

Did not play a rubber match. Instead Jim watched the Badgers and I went downstairs to watch a DVR'd Hallmark movie. Who do you think enjoyed their "show" more??

Carter had to work tonight and just got home. I think I'm still ahead in the "best day" department.

I might even dance about it a bit.



No comments: