Thursday, December 18, 2014

Happy Holi-Graze

So far I've only had two or three holiday grazing opportunities this season. But I'm sure that's about to change with Christmas officially only a week away. Got a good jump start on it with our work Christmas Party / Potluck / Food Fest today, that's for sure.

In order to win fabulous prizes you could earn tickets in one of the ways: dress in festive clothing (easy enough), sing Christmas karaoke (heck no) or bring a dessert since the rest of lunch was catered (can do).

I blame Pinterest for coercing me into trying a new recipe. But how could I resist when it is called Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle? Despite the fact that I didn't know what a "trifle" was or the required "trifle bowl," this undomestic goddess got schooled. And quickly.

The result?



Feel free to "oooh" and "ahhh" and be amazed. And yes, for an eggnog lover like me,  it was simply divine.

Not that we were going to run short on desserts...


For the record,  I didn't win anything.  But I brought home leftover trifle,  so we are all winners at my gingerbread house!

Now I suppose since it is the season of giving, I should share the recipe.  My only hesitation is that you'll see how easy it is and you'll lose respect in my Martha Stewart skills. But here goes...


EGGNOG GINGERBREAD TRIFLE

Thaw two cups of Cool Whip.

Mix up a spice cake mix as directed. Add and mix in 1 Tb molasses and 1 tsp nutmeg. Bake as directed in 9x13 pan.

Mix a 5.1 oz box of instant vanilla pudding with 3 cups eggnog for 2 minutes.  Refrigerate until needed.

When spice cake is completely cool, divide in half. Crumble half in trifle bowl for bottom layer. Top with half of pudding. Spread 1 cup of Cool Whip on top for third layer.

Repeat, layering the second half of crumbled cake, then rest of pudding, followed by another cup of Cool Whip.  Refrigerate several hours.

Before serving, top with Craisins and Ginger Snap cookies.


Yep. Yummy yum yum!

The Holi-Grazing is definitely on track to put me in a sugar-craze holi-daze. You too?


No comments: